Wednesday, December 3, 2008

the fist blog post: bookmark me!

This is a blog to address common PC, electronic, & deal questions I have been asked by friends and family. Here I will attempt to answer the questions in a simple, easy-to-follow, step by step manner. It's basically a "for dummies" blog. And for those of you who don't know what a blog is, it means "web log", like on online diary/journal/personal newspaper/etc... I will try to post a new topic every week, maybe even a few more, as soon as I get the hang of this whole blog thingy.

First off, please click here to add this blog to your favorites. Now, check your bookmarks weekly for updates, and read the articles! I swear they will help.

Anyway, feel free to email me any questions you would like me to address, and hopefully I can get to it on my next posting!

Thank you everyone for reading! -C

Lesson 1:

How to bookmark

1.) On Internet Explorer 7 (IE7), click on the star with the green plus sign on the top left.

If you are using Firefox, click on Bookmarks, and then Bookmark this page.

Showing bookmarks

2.) On IE7, click on the star on the top left (without the plus sign), to view your bookmarks.
If you are using Firefox, click on Bookmarks to show your bookmarks.

3.) Congratulate yourself, you've just created and viewed a bookmark. Bookmarks are useful for keeping pages you would like to go back to handy in an easy to reach area, instead of having to search/navigate to that page again. But, watch out! The more you bookmark, the harder things will be to find!

1 comment:

  1. -C,
    Great idea!! We all can use some of your computer experiences.

    Merrill

    ReplyDelete